Patients thought to be at a higher risk should they catch the Corona Virus are being sent a letter from the Government. Click the link below to see what the letter says:
Shielding letter (Update) 140420
Our clinical Team has been given a list of patients who have received that letter and will be contacting each patient to discuss the letter's contents. If you have received the letter and don't think you should have please phone the surgery and make an appointment to discuss it with one of the clinicians. If you believe you should be shielding but haven't received a letter you should also contact the Practice and discuss it with one of the clinical team.
Due to COVID-19 (Corona Virus) the following screening programmes have been temporarily paused until further notice:
- Breast screening (Mammograms)
- Cervical screening (Smear tests)
- Bowel screening (Home testing Kits)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening (Ultrasound of the Abdomen)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (Eye) Screening (Images taken of the eye)
To find out more (including symptoms of the conditions which we screen for) visit: www.inform.scot/screeningupdate
Corona Virus Helpline
Updates on public health advice for coronavirus can be found on the NHS Inform website, and a free helpline has been set up for those who do not have symptoms but are looking for general health advice: 0800 028 2816.
The helpline is open:
• Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 10.00pm
• Saturday and Sunday, 9.00am to 5.00pm