Our practice list is Restricted for new patients.
We will be operating on a “restricted, but open” basis; this means that for the time being we will only register certain categories of patients as follows:
- New babies of existing patients
- Immediate family members of existing patients who become resident within the registered patients address (we are not able to accept family members that are already registered at another practice within our boundary.)
- Temporary resident
- Assignments/ allocations If you fail to find a practice where you can register, you will be required to call practitioner services on the number below where they will allocate you to a practice by letter. This is to ensure a fair allocation of new patients across all practices in the area. Please bring the letter from the Health Board with you when you attend your allocated practice for the registration forms
NHS Lothian has requested that patients should to seek registration with a practice that covers their address. This may mean approaching more than one practice, including practices declaring a restricted list. Whilst NHS Lothian would like all patients to be able to register with their nearest practice this may not be possible or may take some time until the list turnover allows them to register.
If you require to register with a GP or dentist then please contact NHS Inform helpline 0800 22 44 88 or https://www.nhsinform.scot/ can be used to search for local practices. (Patients should select GP practices from the drop down list in the purple box on the right hand side and enter their postcode to find the practices near to them).
If you fail to find a practice where you can register, you will be required to call practitioner services on the number below where they will allocate you to a practice by letter. This is to ensure a fair allocation of new patients across all practices in the area.
Please bring the letter from the Health Board with you when you attend your allocated practice for the registration forms.
Patient telephone number to be allocated a practice – 0345 300 1024 – option 4
Our boundary area covers:
- Patients resident anywhere in Bonnyrigg
- Patients in the houses opposite Victoria Park Newtongrange (not in the main village of Newtongrange, which is covered by other GP Practices.)
- Part of Loanhead
Please note we are no longer accepting new patients from Gorebridge, Newtongrange or Dalkeith as there are more local GP practices that cover these areas and the number of new houses in Bonnyrigg itself has increased substantially.
If you are in any doubt whether your address is within our boundary area, the reception staff will check your post code with the Practice Manager.
When registering we will firstly ask you for identification in the form of a driving licence or passport, and proof of address. This applies to those over 16.
A member of the reception team will ask you for your personal information and you will then be given an appointment with the one of the nursing team. When you attend that appointment you will sign your GPR registration form and data protection form. After this the doctor will review your file and update any clinical information and countersign your GPR. It is at this stage your notes from your old practice will be requested. When they arrive your file is summarised and the information placed on the computer.
Changing your address, telephone number, mobile, email
It is important that the information that we hold for you is kept up-to-date in case we need to contact you. If you change your address or phone number please give us the details as soon as possible.
If you move outwith our boundary area we will have to ask you to register with a local practice nearer to your home address.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.