Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- Coronary heart disease
- Blood tests
- Breast screening
- Cancer care
- Cervical smears
- Contraceptive services - a full range of services including coil fitting.
- Child health surveillance - weekly clinics available with the health visitor.
- Ear syringing
- Maternity services - antenatal clinics available with the midwifery team.
- Mental health
- Pain clinic
- Physiotherapy - via a GP referral.
- Thyroid review
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including travel requirements.
NHS Lothian services
NHS Lothian looks after all the hospital services in the Lothian area. It's headquarters are at Waverley Gate, 2-4 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EG Tel 0131 536 9000. NHS Lothian has its own website listing information on all Hospitals, departments and services. http://www.nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
Midlothian Community Health Partnership is part of NHS Lothian and manages all the community services for the Midlothian area. Most of the management team are based at Midlothian Community Hospital, 70 Eskbank Road, Bonnyrigg EH22 3ND. Tel 0131 454 1000. It has a section on the NHS Lothian website with more details.